Our over-15-year experience in the wind energy sector has enabled us to develop several applications in this field.
- Torque Limiter Clutch, as a safety element between the Multiplier and the Alternator.
- We have recently designed a Torque Limiter system to avoid the torque peaks in order to eliminate the parasites transmitted to the network.
- Torque Limiter as a safety Clutch for the yaw.
- Electromagnetic Clutch for the power take-off of the auxiliary pump of the automatic disorientation turn of the blades, as an emergency solution in the absence of current.
- Emergency break for the rack lifts used by maintenance staff
- Automatic recovery system to avoid the backlash of the disc brakes wear and tear, allowing at all times to maintain the same distance between the friction surface and the disc, in order to guarantee the uniformity of braking.
- Contraction rings to fasten the different elements
- Hydraulic Plates and Blocks to control the angle and movement of the blades
- Test Benches: Design, transmission and safety elements for alternators.
- Mini Wind Power:
We are currently collaborating in the design of wind power systems of 4-7.5-15 and 100 kW.
For the low power ones, we have developed a safety braking system that automatically blocks the multipolar generator for pitch control.
The runaway can be caused by the wind or by a sudden cut of the connection to the power network.
This type of safety is required when these elements are set in inhabited areas, which allows to considerably reduce the insurance policy costs.
100 kW generators, we have collaborated in the research and development of the main transmission, yaw rotation and pitch rotation.
We have developed an orientation system for the heliostat solar panels which, using our Irreversible Clutch IR, achieves higher mechanical performance, which in turn enables fitting geared and planetary gearmotors in order to improve performance and reduce the electricity uptake.
It is designed for the solar panel to have a non-continuous movement and instead it moves every 5 minutes, achieving motorisation with a much lower reduction to that required for continuous movement.
The irreversibility, when not in operation, is achieved with a bidirectional clutch IR that we manufacture, which guarantees that when the engine is not running the panel remains fixed with any wind push.
We have also fitted a Torque Limiter in order to steer the panel towards the direction of the wind for gusts of over 120 km/h.
This way we can protect the transmission, the structure and avoid vibrations in the panels, which are the cause of the failure of their internal circuits.
Ocean Waves Energy
We are currently collaborating with four companies in different prototype projects, each using different technologies.
The alternate movement of buoys that move with the ocean waves is transformed into a torque movement in a single direction by using our Free Wheel Clutches integrated inside a multiplier that actuates toward a generator.
We are part of a Singular and Strategic Project for Marine Energy PSE-440000-2008-0001/PSS-03, led by Tecnalia and the Basque Entity of Energy (Ente Vasco de la Energía) for the facilities of BIMEP in Arminza (Bizkaia).
Project co-financed by:
We collaborate with many companies in the industry advising and providing them with solutions that best solve their needs.
We provide all sorts of clutches and torque limiters.
We have developed safety systems for the Z axis. More specifically, we provide safety against the failure of the counterweight and emergency brake of the spindle.
Likewise, we provide motorised safety systems for the tailstock of the lathes.
Several national and international clients trust on Rulitrans in the design and development of their projects.
We have developed, manufactured and correctly tested in helicopters a double-clutch, free wheel and centrifugal clutch monoblock system for the exit shaft of the engine.
Another application we have designed is a static brake system for the flaps actuator, which includes a overtorque absorbing element.
Following the safety increase trend in the sector, we provide in-pause safety systems for lifts, platforms, scaffolding, both for people and materials. More specifically, controlled descent systems: Centrifugal Brakes and Overspeed Safety Brakes.